The second partnership event took place in Kavala (Eastern Macedonia, Greece) on June 18th-19th, 2004
The event was focused on three main sectors:
- marble quarrying and processing;
The partnership event included:
- one plenary conference to analyse the EU enlargement process;
- three thematic workshops on in-depth issues per each sector;
- visits to local companies;
- planned bilateral meetings between enterprises and economic operators;
- a permanent exhibition area hosting the stands of the project partners from EU Border Regions, Candidate Countries and EU no Border regions: Greece, Austria, Italy, Bulgaria, Hungary, Romania, Slovenia, Spain.
The direct beneficiaries of the initiative were:
- micro companies,
- crafts companies,
- small and medium enterprises,
- sector associations,
- specialised development agencies,
- institutional SME service providers,
- agencies for tourism promotion.
Almost 200 participants attended the two-day event, including more than 130 companies operating in the three priority sectors, regional and national institutions, business operators and SME service providers representing eight countries: Austria, Bulgaria, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Romania, Slovenia and Spain.
The outcomes of Kavala partnership event were evaluated on short and mid-term basis, in order to check the degree of satisfaction of the participants and to evaluate the impact of the initiative in a middle-term perspective. The results thus obtained were very good in both cases!